Rapidly create, smoothly deliver, and easily maintain rich eLearning content
Add software demonstrations, interactive simulations, branching scenarios, and quizzes to your courseware without programming using Adobe® Captivate® 5 software. Go beyond screen capture and achieve superior results in fewer steps thanks to an intuitive user interface, collaboration workflows, and a multitude of timesaving features. Easily integrate your content with eLearning applications and leading SCORM- and AICC-compliant Learning Management Systems to deliver content virtually anywhere.
- Optimized user interface NEW
- Get going faster, do the job in fewer steps, and improve the overall authoring experience with the Property inspector, a multiple document interface, and personalized workspaces.
- Object Styles NEW
- Define styles and apply them to selected objects for quick and consistent formatting across a project.
- Master Slides NEW
- Use Master Slides to easily create and maintain well-formatted and consistent-looking content that meets corporate guidelines.
- Rich animation effects NEW
- Create rich object animations within Adobe® Captivate® 5 by combining predefined effects like straight-line motion, rotation, and glow. For added impact, smoothly import custom animation effects from Adobe Flash® Professional software.
- Multivideo support and synchronization NEW
- Import video in a wide variety of formats (AVI, MOV, FLV, MPEG) and synchronize it with the project, slide, or set of slides.
- Hosting and collaboration via Acrobat.com NEW
- Host published or in-progress eLearning projects on Acrobat.com, an Adobe CS Live online service,* and share them with learners and reviewers, who can access them from virtually anywhere.
- Tracking and reporting NEW
- Satisfy basic evaluation needs at no extra cost by tracking and reporting key performance metrics, such as average score and pass or fail rates, without having to invest in a Learning Management System.
- Community Help
- Access a large repository of help content, generated by Adobe and the user community at large, using an Adobe AIR® application.
- In-context learner collaboration via Twitter NEW
- Leverage the Twitter widget from Adobe to create courses that let learners collaborate with one another as well as the author by just logging into their Twitter account. They can ask questions, get answers, and access pre-existing discussions.
- Multicore Intel® processor
- Mac OS X v10.5.7 or v10.6
- 1GB minimum RAM (2GB recommended)
- 3GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on flash-based storage devices)
- DVD-ROM drive
- 1,024x576 display (1,280x1024 recommended) with 16-bit video card