Autodesk Maya 2011 (64-bit)
Autodesk® Maya® software offers artists an end-to-end creative workflow with comprehensive tools for 3D animation, modeling, simulation, visual effects, rendering, matchmoving, and compositing on a highly extensible production platform. All these capabilities are combined into a single application offering CG artists an exceptional value. Newly available for the Mac OS® X 64-bit operating system, Maya 2011 delivers a revitalized user interface, enhanced viewport interaction, new 3D editorial capabilities, integrated color management, and improved character animation.
- Updated User Interface—Enjoy a consistent, enhanced user experience on all supported platforms.
- New skinning tools and workflows—Create better skinned characters with more realistic deformations in less time.
- New non-destructive live retargeting workflow—Reuse, correct, and enhance motion-capture and certain other animation data faster and more easily with a new non-destructive retargeting workflow which uses the Autodesk® HumanIK® (HIK) libraries.
- Advanced simulation tools—Access the innovative Maya Nucleus unified simulation framework and the first two fully integrated Nucleus simulation modules (Maya nCloth and Maya nParticles) as well as Maya Fluid Effects, Maya Hair, and Maya Fur and realize a wide range of visual effects.
- High-performance compositor—Work interactively with virtually any visual media, regardless of bit-depth or image size, using the Maya Composite compositor.
- Professional camera tracking—Extract accurate 3D camera and motion data from video and film sequences and then insert CG elements seamlessly into a scene using the matchmoving camera tracker.
- A comprehensive range of keyframe, non-linear, and advanced character animation editing tools - Create, animate, adapt, and repurpose animation data and edit realistic digital characters.
- A unified rendering user interface and workflow for easy and consistent access to Maya software, hardware, and vector renderers, mental ray® for Maya and mental ray for Maya network rendering
- A full suite of advanced polygon, NURBS, and subdivision surface modeling and texturing tools.
- Microsoft Windows Vista Business (SP2 or higher), Microsoft Windows XP x64 Edition (SP2 or higher), Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Apple Mac OS X 10.6.2, Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 5.4 WS, or Fedora™ 11 operating system
- Windows and Linux: Intel® EM64T, AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, or AMD Phenom™ processor
- Mac® computer: Intel-based processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 4 GB free hard drive space
- Qualified hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics card
- Three-button mouse with mouse driver software
- DVD-ROM drive
- Maya Composite media cache requirements for playback:
- 10 GB minimum, 200 GB recommended
- HDD: IDE, SATA, SATA 2, SAS, SCSI
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher, Apple Safari, or Mozilla Firefox web browser