Anyone with programming experience can learn how to write an iPhone app. But if you want to build a great app, there's a lot more to it than simple coding: you also need to know how design and market your creation. This easy-to-follow guide walks you through the entire process, from sketching out your idea to promoting the finished product.
- Get to know the tools for developing your iPhone app
- Design a great app before you start coding
- Build a complex app with Xcode and Interface Builder
- Decide how to brand your app-then beta-test that brand in the real world
- Learn the inside scoop on how to get your app into the App Store
- Promote your product, track sales, and build a strong customer following
Update Your App for Multitasking with iOS 4
By Craig Hockenberry
On multitasking phones like the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, you can make it so your application doesn’t quit when the user presses the Home button. Instead, the app just goes into the background and reappears just as it was with a tap on its icon. You can give your app multitasking powers without writing a single line of code!