CSS Positioning Best Practices with Bill Weinman
Web designers and coders will be introduced to techniques to improve their results in CSS Positioning Best Practices. Beginning with a brief review of CSS, instructor Bill Weinman demonstrates how to position elements on a page using CSS instead of tables. He then goes step by step through the process of using CSS positioning to lay out pages that have traditionally been laid out using HTML tables. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Understanding style sheets and levels of inheritance
- Learning how to use CSS units of measure in page layout
- Laying out content on a page using absolute, relative, float, and fixed positioning
- Using CSS positioning to place menus, buttons, graphics, and columns precisely on a page
- Using templates to improve workflow
- Creating a full working web site, step by step