PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics with Kevin Skoglund
In PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics, expert instructor Kevin Skoglund introduces powerful PHP programming techniques using object-oriented programming (OOP). Both novice and experienced PHP developers will benefit from the efficient, well-organized, reusable, and easy-to-understand code that OOP offers. Kevin shows how OOP techniques can streamline database queries, help manage sessions, and simplify user logins. While building a real-world web application, Kevin also includes practical advice on topics ranging from structuring code to logging user actions. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Defining and using classes, methods, and attributes
- Understanding class inheritance and access modifiers
- Working with files and directories
- Uploading files to a server via forms
- Sending emails with PHP
- Using pagination and View templates