Up and Running with PHP: PEAR, PECL, and Composer with Joseph LeBlanc
Instead of downloading PHP code and figuring out how it fits into your project structure, use PEAR, PECL, and Composer to do it for you. Composer manages libraries for your PHP project, PEAR installs packages for your entire server, and PECL compiles extensions directly into PHP itself. In this course, author Joseph LeBlanc demonstrates how to find, install, update, and remove packages with this suite of invaluable PHP tools.
- Installing on Mac and Linux
- Discovering channels and packages with PEAR
- Coding with PEAR packages
- Starting a new application with Composer
- Installing and maintaining packages with Composer
- Finding and installing PECL extensions