Microsoft Encarta Premium 2009
The Microsoft Encarta Premium 2009 multimedia encyclopedia combines more than 62,000 detailed articles, immersive research experiences, and thousands of trusted Web links to some of the most relevant—and age-appropriate—sites on the Web, all maintained by a team of dedicated editors.
- Immersive videos, sound clips, interactive maps, and more.
- Virtual historical event tours in 2-D and 3-D.
- The Dynamic Timeline, which illustrates key events from geologic time to now.
- A variety of interactive maps, including geopolitical, climatic, and topographical.
- Frequent updates and article revisions to ensure current information.
- Encarta Kids—a special area created for younger learners, ages 7 to 12, and designed for age-appropriate and imaginative discovery.
- Personal computer with a Pentium 600-megahertz (MHz) or faster processor (1 gigahertz [GHz] or faster processor recommended).
- Windows XP operating system with Service Pack 2 (SP2).
- 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM (512 MB or more recommended).
- 1.6 gigabytes (GB) of available hard disk space.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (included on disc), requiring between 210 MB and 620 MB of hard disk space.
- DVD-ROM drive.
- High-color–capable or better video card with a minimum 800 × 600 resolution (1,024 × 768 resolution recommended).
- Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse pointing device, or compatible pointing device.
- 16-bit sound card and headphones or speakers.